Pilot Appointments in Melbourne and Viera

The Clerk's Office is pleased to announce that it is beginning a pilot program for business hour appointments for passport services at its Melbourne and Viera branch locations.  Please use the following calendar link and select the type of service under "Passport Appointments During Business Hours":

Appointments are on a first come, first served basis.  Walk-in customers will still be able to access the Clerk's Office services, including passports.  The Clerk's Office suggests familiarizing yourself with passport application, photo, and payment requirements before coming to the Clerk's Office.  Please visit our FAQs which are available to the left.

Limited After-Hours Passport Appointments Available

The Clerk's Office is pleased to present a number of after-hours appointments for passports.  Please select the date you are interested in making an appointment and following the prompts on the following page(s):

Appointments are on a first come, first served basis; the Clerk is not accepting walk-ins at this time during these specially-scheduled events.  We suggest using a browser other than Microsoft Internet Explorer.  The Clerk's Office suggests familiarizing yourself with passport application, photo, and payment requirements before coming to the Clerk's Office.  Please visit our FAQs which are available to the left.

In addition to our limited after-hours appointments, customers may come into any of our branch offices throughout the week, Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. without an appointment. At this time, appointments are only being taken for after-hour events.  Our Merritt Island and Palm Bay branch offices are currently closed for lunch from 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.


To fill out and print an application online, please visit the U.S. Department of State's website.  This will avoid delays at our front counters and the need to fill out applications by hand.

Passport Applications

We recommend you arrive at our office no later than 4:30 p.m. to allow adequate time to process your passport application.


Payment #1

  • Passport Fee – payable to the U.S. DEPARTMENT OF STATE
    • Acceptable methods of payment:  check, cashier’s check or money order ONLY
    • Starter checks are not accepted by the U.S. Department of State

Payment #2:

  • Execution Fee – payable to the BREVARD CLERK OF COURTScash, check, cashier’s check, money order or credit card
  • Applicable copy fees (.15¢ per page) for photocopies of U.S. citizenship evidence
    • Acceptable methods of payment:  cash, check, cashier’s check, money order or credit card
    • Our office accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover
    • A convenience fee of $2.00 or 2.95% of the total charge, whichever is greater will be assessed when paying by credit card.  (The Clerk’s Office does not receive any part of the convenience fee.)
    • The $35.00 execution fee (effective 04/02/2018) is mandated by the United States Department of State as a required fee for each passport accepted by an authorized passport facility.  See the Code of Federal Regulations Title 22>Chapter I>Subchapter F>Part 51>Subpart D>§51.51 to review the prescribed Schedule of Fees.

A passport is an internationally recognized travel document attesting to the identity and nationality of the bearer. In essence, it is a request on the part of the issuing government that officials of foreign governments permit the bearer to travel or sojourn in their territories and to afford them all lawful aid and protection.

A valid passport is required of U.S. citizens departing from the United States for any destination outside of North, South or Central America and for entering the United States from outside the United States. For more information, please visit  When downloading forms from the Passport Agency, please review their reminders regarding the creation and printing of your forms.  Forms printed incorrectly will result in our office asking you to fill out new forms and/or a delay of processing by the Passport Agency.  Please visit for form assistance.

The Clerk of Courts Office is the local government agency that may accept applications for passports. That application is then passed on to one of the passport services designated by the Secretary of State. The application is then reviewed, and is then issued or denied, and returned to the applicant by mail. During peak travel periods, this process may take four to six-week, so allow plenty of time before you intend to travel.


Proof of U.S. Citizenship: 

  • If born in the United States, submit a previous U.S passport or certified birth certificate.  A birth certificate must include your given name and surname, both parents' full names, date and place of birth, date the birth record was filed, and the seal or other certification of the official custodian of such records.
  • If born outside the United States, submit a previous U.S. passport, Certificate of Naturalization, Certificate of Citizenship or Consular Report of Birth Abroad.

Proof of Identify:

  • You may submit items such as the following containing your signature AND physical description or photograph that is a good likeness of you: previous U.S. passport, Certificate of Naturalization, Certificate of Citizenship, driver's license, or a government (Federal, State or Municipal) employee identification card or pass.  Temporary or altered documents are not acceptable.

One Photograph

  • Submit one (1) color photograph of you alone, sufficiently recent to be a good likeness of you (normally taken within the last six months ), and 2 x 2 inches in size.  The image size measured from the bottom of your chin to the top of your head (including hair) should not be less than 1 inch and not more than 1 3/8 inches.  The photograph must be color, clear, with a full front view of your face, and printed on thin paper with plain light (white or off-white) background.  The photograph must be capable of withstanding a mounting temperature of 225° F (107° C).  The photograph must be taken in normal street attire, without a hat, head covering, or glasses unless a signed statement is submitted by the applicant verifying the item is worn daily for religious purposes.  Effective November 1, 2016 passport photos of applicants wearing eyeglasses will NOT be accepted.  Applicants are required to remove eye glasses when taking the photo unless a signed statement from a medical professional or health practitioner (such as surgeon or ophthalmologist) is accompanied with the application due to a recent surgery/procedure.  A retouched photograph altering your appearance is unacceptable.  Snapshots, most vending machine prints, and magazine or a full-length photograph is unacceptable.  Digitized photos must meet the previously stated qualifications and will be accepted for use at the discretion of Passport Services.  Photographs can be obtained at the Viera, Merritt Island, Melbourne and Titusville Parkway and Titusville Six Story Office locations. The cost is $15.00 plus tax for a total of $16.05.  Please note our our Palm Bay Office is unable to provide photographs at this time but will continue to accept passports which the customer already has an available photograph.



The appropriate forms may be picked up in advance in our office, at a AAA office, or at most travel agencies. The form must be signed in the presence of a clerk at our office when it is filed. These forms are also available on the U.S. Department of State's website.

If there is no official record of your birth, you will need to contact the proper agency (Bureau of Vital Statistics or Health Department) of your birth state. A letter will be issued to this fact, then we can use other items for proof.

If you are a naturalized citizen, the original naturalization certificate must accompany the application for a passport. It will be returned by the passport agency. If you are not a U.S. citizen, but need a passport, you must contact the nearest consulate for your country.

A visa is permission granted by the government of a country to an alien to enter that country and to remain for a specific period of time. It is the responsibility of the traveler to obtain necessary visas, if any, before proceeding abroad. Visas are obtained from the embassy or consulate of the countries to which the applicant wishes to travel. We can assist with information as to what countries require visas.

If your passport has been lost, stolen or mutilated, you must complete a new application, with new pictures, birth certificate and affidavit of lost or stolen passport. The forms are available in this office. The cost will be the same as applying for a new passport.

Denial of Application
If you are behind in your child support payments in excess of $5,000, you are ineligible to receive a U.S. passport. If this applies to you, Passport Services strongly recommends that you contact the appropriate State child support enforcement agency to make payment arrangements before applying for a passport.

Passports and Confidentiality
Information obtained from or in connection with a passport application is privileged under the Privacy Act of 1974 and under Title 22, Code of Federal Regulations, Section 51.33, and must not be divulged to any person or organization inquiring about such records. Requests for information concerning an applicant's personal background, address, travel plans, etc. should be referred to:

Passport Services Washington, D.C. 20524.

Statistical data concerning passport applications handled by the Clerk's office, not including any information about specific applications, may be released. (i.e.: How many passport applications have been handled in a certain period, etc.)